Friday

2010-Jun.18 Card Table Tent PlayTime

Here is an idea that I saw on several blogs that I peek in on. It is a cardtable tent. And my grandchildren love to play in it.

Top - Farm Tractor. . . . . . .Side 2 - Buzz and Woody
Side 3- The Rockets. . . . . . . Side 4 - Winnie the Pooh
Here it is from the beginning: Cardtable tent Proto-type:

Fleece material panels that Johnny even helped me pick out.
Here it is before I sewed it, I pinned it all together and slipped it on the card table to make sure I had the right idea on making this tent. Johnny had the idea to use the fleece material first. Then, the one I actually want to make, I will use solid color material, either felt or broadcloth, and then sew felt images on to it.

It worked, all four sides are different: Winnie the Pooh, Buzz Lightyear, Frogs, Rockets and on top is a Farm with a tractor panel.
AND Tah Dah! - - -Side 1-The entrance to the inside of the tent.
Joseph is checking out this tent, making sure it will be "fun" for his cousins to play in.
I cut a slit on the "Frog" side as a door to get into the tent.

And Jackson and Parker are here today-Friday until Saturday evening. So I brought the tent out and set up the card table. The boys really enjoyed playing in it. I think Phase II will be in the works ASAP.

The card table tent is a Big Hit!! Yeah!
The boys are all asleep now, so I was able to write this up and post these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment