I started a new project - I have always wanted to learn to make a quilt.
My dream came true this weekend! Thanks to Dolores - I work with her and she a great person and friend. We were talking one day about Grandchildren - She will be having her "1st" in February 2011. She mentioned that her sisters told her she needs to make a baby quilt. I told here that I would like to learn too! She set it up and we went to a class. We were there from 10 a.m. until about 4:15 p.m. The teacher, Jean, helped me pick out a pattern. She said it would be easy and after I started cutting, she realized that it was "ALOT" of cutting. So we set it up to go back in 3 weeks, but I couldn't wait that long. As soon as I got home, I went back to work. And worked until 11:30 p.m. I woke up Sunday morning about 9:00 a.m. and went back to work. And Guess What?!? I finished the top part of MY 1ST QUILT!! I am so excited.
Here we are - starting on our 1st quilt!! Me and Dolores
Quilts aren't just squares - big and small - also, rectangles - short ones, long ones. . .
Oh WOW! I am so excited - I have finished my FIRST QUILT TOP - I just can't get over this!!
I have wanted to make a quilt for - ev-er !!
Here it is - Laid out on our Bed - My 1st Quilt !!
And it all started when Dolores told me she was going to be a Grandmother (her 1st one!)
She said that her sisters told her that she had to make the baby a quilt, and then she said that she didn't know how and would have to learn. I told her that I wanted to learn too! She setup a class for us and we went! We started at 10:00 am and left about 4:00 pm. I got home and continued working on it. Then I got up early Sunday and didn't even eat until I finished it!WOW!









No comments:
Post a Comment