1st pic-Dad & Me on the porch of our new home, before we moved in-May 2008
2nd pic-Dad's BD party- May 2010
Happy Father's Dad! Dad was always there when I needed him. to help at any time we would call, or be there when I had a problem. He was a very hard worker at "Texas Iron Works" in Victoria, Corpus and then Houston (where he retired). He loved singing with his Czech Singing Group, enjoyed selling SPJST insurance and being involved in the local organization. He was also involved with KJT and the Knights of Columbus. He even drove Hot Shot after his "regular" job. He always talked of his youth, growing up was hard on the farm - you know, working all hours, then "walking to school, in the snow, up hill - both ways, no shoes or very worn shoes". He talked of his heritage - My heritage. Man, I wish I would have listened better and remember all the stories he told of great-greats!
Thanks Dad for all you taught me through the years. I love you!




No comments:
Post a Comment