I was a little late for work this Friday morning. Driving toward 447 on the "Lower Road". All of a sudden, this animal runs across the road in front of me. Oh my, it's a bird - well, it's a turkey! I realized that my camera was on the seat next to me, so I slowed to a stop, put my vehicle in reverse (after checking if there was any traffic of course!). The turkey was startled with the SUV slowing - then stopping. He was trying desperately to get under the fence. That wasn't working so he flew over the barb wire fence. Every time I had my camera focused on him, he moved off farther and farther. My shots are a little blurred. But I Caught Him! Sneaky little critter.
Below is a stunning arrangement that John Thomas did out at the front gate. It's hard to keep them growing because there is no water out there. We haven't gotten that far. But that is one of our "many" goals. So far John has been carrying water out to the front. But not me! I had told him to wait, but he chose not to. Keep carrying water John. And Thank You - they're beautiful.




No comments:
Post a Comment