Sunday

2011-Aug.08 A Well Deserved Get-A-Way

OMG! I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. Boy, Do I have some catching up to do?!
I have been very busy boxing up, loading up, and hauling boxes, furniture and and "crap" pardon my french.
We have sold my parents house and had to vacate the house in 3 weeks.  That meant boxing up and going through all of their things since we moved there in 1969.  I know this was the year because I was 12 years old that year that we moved into that house.  And -Dont do the math- but that was 42 years ago.  So that is alot of memories, good, sad and everything in between.  It has been a very stressed filled 3 weeks. And labor intensive too!  We finished Saturday about 1 pm.  After bringing the trailer, the truck and my SUV filled vehicles to our home, we parked them, went inside, took a nap, got up, and headed off to Rockport.  Joseph has been wanting to go to the beach, so we took him.  We had a blast.  We were in the water - way out there - and then we looked toward the beach area - and there on the beach there was a wedding going on.  I have seen them on t.v. but had never seen one in person.  It was very informal, but it looked like everyone was having a great time.
After that we went to see Johnny's brother, Jack Jr. and his wife Jennifer.  After a short visit, and changing into dry clothes, we drove back to Rockport for dinner.  At the restaurant, we had about an hour wait, because they had a "reception" there.  Not sure if it was the same people from the beach or not.  But the wait was worth it, the food was really great.  Oh that fried shrimp was soooo good.  Long ride home though, because we were so tired.  We, I mean, I slept just about all day Sunday.
So soon I will get back to my postings.  See ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment