Since my surgery and the disaster that came after it, Johnny needed some help of his own. He was working a "shutdown" and on top of that they wanted Johnny working on nights. So he needed help taking Joseph to baseball practice, and picking him up after practice. Johnny asked "T's Dad - "J", without hesitation he said he would help us out-no problem. That is just (1) one example that my family and I have encountered.
Another example: When "T" went to his mom's over spring break, we needed someone to help with Joseph and getting him to and from practice. So Johnny turned for another team mate of Joseph and his mom. "Mrs. G" without hesitation agreed to help us out when Johnny told her our predicament. Today, Thursday when "Mrs. G" came to pick up Joseph, she came in to the house. I was so embarrassed, my house was a mess, but clean in "guy" standards. This is the first time that I have talked to her and 1st time to meet her. SHE BROUGHT US DINNER.Yes, a whole meal, spaghetti with parmesan cheese on top, broccoli with cheese, and crescent dinner rolls.
OMG! If this isn't 2 great examples of being Christian, I don't know what is! These people didn't hesitate to help us out, when my surgery didn't go so well, and I am having a longer than normal recovery.
I sure hope when someone is in need of help - however big or small, I will be able to step up to the plate and "Pass It On!"
And I hope this will be a reminder to all reading this, what we all need to do to help out our family and friends, and by this 2nd example, she didn't really even know us, and she "Mrs. G" helped out above and beyond. That is so great! I will strive with all my being to keep her helpfulness in my mind and help someone in need.
THANK YOU SO MUCH "J" AND "MRS. G" YOU ARE . . . . . . GOOD CHRISTIAN PEOPLE.
And great examples for all us to follow.




No comments:
Post a Comment