Thursday

2010-May Mother's Day Thoughts

My Mom with Jacquelyn

Mother Day should be a happy day, but for those of us who have lost our Mothers, it is bittersweet. I love being surrounded by my children (their spouses) and my grandchildren but there is always a touch of sadness in my heart because I miss my own Mother so much.




And so each Mother's Day I have a whole host of bittersweet memories. I rejoice that in a world of abused and abandoned children, I had a mother that loved me, nurtured me, and taught me right from wrong. And I cry because I miss her friendship, her strength, her humor and her love for my children.


There is a creed in Robert Fulgham's book, "All I really need To Know, I Learned in Kindergarten". It is called, "The StoryTellers Creed". It says in part,


"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge,


That dreams are more powerful than facts.


That hope always triumphs over experience


That laughter is the only cure for grief.


And I believe that love is stronger than death."


-----Robert Fulgham.



Mom, I miss you, I love you, I think of you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment