Saturday

2010-Apr.10 USS Lexington-WOW







THE USS LEXINGTON


ROAD TRIP!!!!
Yes, Corpus Christi was the destination today. Johnny and I took Joseph and his friend Tyler and Jacquelyn to the USS Lexington.

Jacquelyn & Joseph- IN THE BRIG!
ALREADY!-we just got here!
AWW! they don't look too happy in there! :)






Oh no! who's driving this boat?! Not them, tell me Not them!
Man! we're in trouble now...










Do you have your license for that thing, Jacquelyn?









Man!! all those stairs YUK!- how did they do it?




Whoever goes up, must come down!!


Up the stairs, down the stairs, walk, walk, walk, Up the stairs down the stairs,- well, you get the point. But, really it was a great day and I enjoyed the all 4 tours on the ship.
From one end to the other, from top to bottom.










Ah! man...we can't go anywhere without running into someone we know! On the way up to Corpus, I had asked Johnny about his friend Kenny and how he was doing. Well, who in the heck did I run into !?!? yep! you guessed it - Kenny. WOW!

The Flight simulator-wow! I loved it, but I couldn't get my "Land legs" back as quick as I would have liked. but it was really neat. You gotta try it. I even got Jacquelyn in there too! She did hold on tight to me.



How would you like to sleep in these bunks every night?





and HOW could they sleep? knowing stuff like this was all around them - - - -WOW!
and the dentist chair?! ugh! eww-too scary for me
the Barber shop,
I just wished someone could have been there today
to cut on Joseph's hair! hehe...









the kitchen, the captains quarters
even the hospital,

Next to The Chapel
I guess, that's a good place for it...










Johnny waiting for the post office to open!!
Better pull up a chair, the wait is quite a while...






Okay, time to go, I am soooo pooped! glad I wore tennis shoes.
This was a worthwhile trip to take, I will tell everyone to go to the
USS Lexington, but go when it's cool. It was a great day today and I was "sweating up a storm" when you go below.
I hope Joseph, Jacquelyn and Tyler enjoyed the history that was all around us. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment